626 Day – Community Celebration/Shop Local Campaign
On June 26, join the party!
626 Day is a day to celebrate the 60626 community and support small businesses.
Small-independently owned businesses are an integral part of what makes Rogers Park special. The array of businesses and their offerings elevate the diversity of the neighborhood.
By shopping locally your dollars stay in our community and help build stronger businesses, provide more employment opportunities and help develop Rogers Park into a more sustainable and vibrant community.
By supporting small businesses, you are investing in your community!
On 626 Day we ask you to support local businesses by shopping, promoting and/or leaving positive reviews. 626 Day aims to support the local businesses in our community. There are a lot of ways YOU can show your love while maintaining social distancing.
- Post on social media. Show how you are celebrating the community and use #626Day
- Support your local businesses; “Like, Heart, Follow” Rogers Park businesses on your social media platforms and share their posts, write positive reviews and shop small
- Share the 626 Day FB event HERE
- Chalk the streets
- Check up on your neighbors
- Hang drawings on windows or we created a poster, download HERE
- Make noise at 6:26 p.m. (don’t make noise at 6:26 a.m.)
- Yarn bomb a fence, your door or a tree
- Go fly a kite at a park nearby
- Plan a block clean-up
- Practice social distancing Zumba on sidewalks and in parks
- Do whatever makes you happy
Together we will strengthen business and build community.