Clark/Morse/Glenwood Special Service Area #24
Clark/Morse/Glenwood Special Service Area (SSA) #24 includes Clark Street from Birchwood Avenue to Albion Avenue, Morse Avenue from Sheridan Road to Clark Street and Glenwood Avenue from Greenleaf Avenue to Pratt Avenue. The SSA has provided programs and services in the commercial district since 2004.
SSA #24 Provides:
- Accessibility: In 2011, we installed 6 BigBell Max Alert Systems to help businesses become accessible to people with disabilities as part of the ADA (American with Disabilities Act) compliance.
- Advertising and Promotion: We develop promotions, campaigns and business retention and attraction materials.
- Business Improvement Program (BIP): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the SSA by providing financial and technical assistance to the owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $5,000 on improvements made to their façade. Download the application here.
- Comercio en Línea y Mercadotecnia Digital – Programa de Rembolso: Fue creado como respuesta de emergencia al COVID-19 para aisistir a los negocios locales que inviertan en mercadotecnia digital y en estrategias en redes sociales. Puede leer la guía y aplicar aquí.
- E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Rebate Program: Was developed in response to the COVID-19 emergency, with a goal of supporting local businesses expenditures for digital marketing and social media strategies. Download guidelines and application here.
- Health and Sanitation Rebate Program: Was developed in response to the COVID-19 emergency, with a goal of supporting local businesses facing increased costs for sanitation supplies and takeout packaging by providing a rebate. Download guidelines and application here.
- Marketing: We market the business districts within the SSA #24 by organizing and providing funding to events and public art programs such as Celebrate Clark Street World Music Festival, Glenwood Sunday Market, Glenwood Avenue Arts Festival and Mile of Murals.
- Outreach: We visit businesses within the SSA to provide technical assistance and ensure that business owners are aware of all the programs, services and resources available to them.
- Public Way Aesthetics: We mulch, weed and plant seasonal plantings. In addition, we install holiday decorations, maintain street pole banners and purchase streetscape elements, as needed.
- Public Way Maintenance: We regularly conduct field checks of the public way and maintain the Big Belly Solar Trash Compactors and planters.
- Salud e Higiene – Programa de Rembolso: Fue creado como respuesta de emergencia al COVID-19 para aisistir a los negocios locales que enfrentan crecientes costos por material sanitario y paquetería por la nueva forma de venta de comida. Puede leer la guía y aplicar aquí.
- Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the Tax Increment Financing District by providing financial advice and technical assistance to the owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $150,000 on improvements made to their building/business.
- Tenant Retention/Attraction: We hold business attraction workshops and give presentations to recruit new businesses to the commercial corridors and support current businesses. We also provide technical assistance to businesses and property owners including on-site visits.
2015 SSA #24 Audit
2016-2017 SSA #24 Audit
2017-2018 SSA #24 Audit
2017 SSA #24 Service Provider Agreement
Business Improvement Program Application
Comercio en Línea y Mercadotecnia Digital – Programa de Rembolso
E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Rebate Program
Health & Sanitation Rebate Program
Salud e Higiene – Programa de Rembolso
2019 Commissioner Application
All Special Service Area Commissioners are appointed by the Mayor and determine the budget, workplan and sole service provider each year.
Chris Johnson (Chair) – Property owner
Wallace Andersen (Vice Chair) – Staff; Rogers Park Social
Al Golberg (Treasurer) – Property owner
Allen Smith – Property owner
Ilesa Duncan – Artistic Director; Lifeline Theatre
Irene Bermudez – Community Engagement Coordinator; Chicago Math & Science Academy
Nick Kosiek – Business owner; State Farm Insurance
Roberto Arista – Branch Manager; Byline Bank
Meetings are held every other month on the first Wednesday starting in February at RPBA’s office, 1448 W. Morse Ave. at 9 a.m.
February 5 – April 1 (canceled) – June 3 – July (Special Meeting TBD) – September 2 – November 4 – Annual Meeting, Dec 10th
* Meeting locations, dates and times are subject to change, please check back one week prior to the meeting to verify information. All meetings are open to the public.