Clark/Morse/Glenwood Special Service Area #24
Clark/Morse/Glenwood Special Service Area (SSA) #24 includes Clark Street from Birchwood Avenue to Devon Avenue, Morse Avenue from Sheridan Road to Clark Street and Glenwood Avenue from Greenleaf Avenue to Pratt Avenue. The SSA has provided programs and services in the commercial district since 2004.
Vision Clark Street Facebook
Link to SSA #24 Map
SSA #24 Renewal:
We are proud to share that the renewal process for Clark/Morse/Glenwood SSA #24 was completed and approved by city council for another 15 years. In 2022, RPBA led an extensive outreach and engagement process to learn from local businesses about what services they want to continue seeing from the SSA, what can be improved upon and what ideas they have for new Clark/Morse/Glenwood initiatives. You can learn more at, ssa24renewal.org.
SSA #24 Provides:
- Accessibility: In 2011, we installed 6 BigBell Max Alert Systems to help businesses become accessible to people with disabilities as part of the ADA (American with Disabilities Act) compliance.
- Advertising and Promotion: We develop promotions, campaigns and business retention and attraction materials.
- Business Improvement Program (BIP): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the SSA by providing financial and technical assistance to the owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate of up to $5,000 on improvements made to their façade. Download the application here.
- Criminal Damage Repair Program: We provide assistance to businesses making emergency storefront repairs in response to criminal damage
or vandalism by offering a rebate of 50% of repair expenses not covered by insurance, up to a maximum of $2,000. Download the application here.
- Marketing: We market the business districts within SSA #24 by organizing and providing funding to events and public art programs such as Celebrate Clark Street World Music Festival, Glenwood Sunday Market, Glenwood Avenue Arts Festival and Mile of Murals.
- Outreach: We visit businesses within the SSA to provide technical assistance and ensure that business owners are aware of all the programs, services and resources available to them.
- Public Art: The SSA runs the Mile of Murals project on Glenwood Ave. between Prat and Estes. The project’s intention is to nurture, promote, and celebrate the arts-centered identity of Rogers Park. In addition, the SSA has sponsored murals on Clark St. as part of the Vision Clark Street Master Plan, more info here.
- Public Way Aesthetics: We mulch, weed and plant seasonal plantings. In addition, we install holiday decorations, maintain street pole banners and purchase streetscape elements, as needed.
- Public Way Maintenance: We regularly conduct field checks of the public way and maintain the Big Belly Solar Trash Compactors and planters.
- Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the Tax Increment Financing District by providing financial advice and technical assistance to the owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $150,000 on improvements made to their building/business.
- Tenant Retention/Attraction: We hold business attraction workshops and give presentations to recruit new businesses to the commercial corridors and support current businesses. We also provide technical assistance to businesses and property owners including on-site visits.
2015 SSA #24 Audit
2016-2017 SSA #24 Audit
2017-2018 SSA #24 Audit
2018-2019 SSA #24 Audit
2020-2021 SSA #24 Audit
2022 SSA #24 Service Provider Agreement
Business Improvement Program Application
Criminal Damage Repair Program
All Special Service Area Commissioners are appointed by the Mayor and determine the budget, workplan and sole service provider each year.
Wallace Andersen (Co-Chair) – Staff; Rogers Park Social
Al Golberg (Treasurer) – Property owner
Allen Smith – Property owner
Ilesa Duncan – Artistic Director; Lifeline Theatre
Irene Bermudez – Community Engagement Coordinator; Chicago Math & Science Academy
Nick Kosiek – Business owner; State Farm Insurance
Roberto Arista – Branch Manager; Byline Bank
There are currently 2 vacant seats. Commissioners must live and own property or a business within the boundaries of Clark/Morse/Glenwood SSA #24. To see a map of the boundaries click here. To apply to be a Commissioner click here. For questions contact, email@example.com.
2023 Commissioner Meetings
SSA #24 Commissioners meet monthly to discuss initiatives and review programs and budgets for SSA #24. These meetings are open to the public. Only the Mayor appointed and vetted Commissioners may make motions and vote.
Currently, all meetings are held virtually on the first Wednesday of Feb 1st, Apr 5th, June 7th, Sept 6th and Nov 1st at 9 a.m. There is a special meeting in July to review the budget (date TBD). A special Annual Meeting is held on Dec 14 at 9 a.m. location TBD.
- Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81833685278 | Dial-in: 312-626-6799 | Meeting ID: 818 3368 5278 | Meetings are recorded. If you do not want to be recorded you can enter the Zoom meetings without enabling the video.
*Meeting locations, dates and times are subject to change, please check back one week prior to the meeting to verify the information.
For more information contact Rogers Park Business Alliance at 773-508-5885.
February 1 (virtual meeting)
February 2 (virtual meeting)
February 8 (virtual meeting-consultant discussion)
April 6 (virtual meeting)
June 1 (virtual meeting)
July 18 (virtual meeting)
September 7 (virtual meeting)
November 2 (virtual meeting)
Advisory Committee Agendas
March 23 (virtual meeting)
April 12 (virtual meeting)
May 24 (virtual meeting)
February 3 (virtual meeting)
April 7 (virtual meeting)
June 2 (virtual meeting)
July 21 (virtual meeting)
April 16 (virtual meeting)
July 20 (virtual meeting)
September 2 (virtual meeting)
November 4 (virtual meeting)
February 2 PDF | Video
February 8 (consultant discussion) Video
April 6 PDF | Video
June 1 PDF | Video
July 7 PDF | Video
July 18 (budget) PDF
November 2 PDF | Video
February 3 PDF | Video
April 7 PDF
Advisory Committee Agendas
Ready to get started? Let's roll!
Rogers Park Business Alliance
1448 W. Morse Ave.
Chicago, IL 60626