Devon Avenue Special Service Area #43
Devon Avenue Special Service Area (SSA) #43 includes Devon Avenue from Damen Avenue to Kedzie Avenue, Western Avenue from Arthur Avenue to Granville Avenue. The SSA has provided programs and services in the commercial district since 2004.
- Advertising and Promotion
- Business Improvement Program (BIP): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the SSA by providing financial and technical assistance to owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $5,000 on improvements made to their façade. Download application here.
- Public Way Aesthetics: We mulch, weed and plant seasonal plantings. In addition, offer sidewalk snow removal, litter pickup, graffiti removal and we install holiday decorations, maintain street pole banners and purchase streetscape elements, as needed.
- Sign Removal Program: The Devon SSA 43 pays 100% of the cost to remove exterior building signage to help local businesses improve the appearance of their storefronts and the commercial district. Download form here.
- Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the Tax Increment Financing District by providing financial advice and technical assistance to the owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $150,000 on improvements made to their building/business.
- Special events
2017 SSA #43 Service Provider Agreement
2018 Business Improvement Program Application
2018 Commissioner Application
2018 Security Camera Rebate Program Application
2018 Sign Removal Program Application
For information on SSA #43 from 2016 and prior years, please contact the City by email, fax or in person:
Antonio Binns, DPD FOIA Officer
121 N. LaSalle Room 1000, Chicago, IL 60602
Email: DPDFOIA@cityofchicago | Fax: 312.744.2271
Irshad Khan (Chair) – Property owner
Meetings are on Thursdays at 4 p.m. and take place at Alderman Silverstein’s office, 2949 W. Devon Ave.
– January 18, February 15, March 15, April 19, May 17, June 21, July 19, August 16, September 20, October 18, November 15, December 20, 2018 –
- Emergency Meeting to discuss security scheduled for Thursday, February 8 at 3:30 p.m. at 2949 W. Devon Ave.
- February 15th meeting canceled.
* Meeting locations, dates and times are subject to change, please check back one week prior to the meeting to verify information.