Devon Avenue Special Service Area #43
Devon Avenue Special Service Area (SSA) #43 includes Devon Avenue from Damen Avenue to Kedzie Avenue, Western Avenue from Arthur Avenue to Granville Avenue. The SSA has provided programs and services in the commercial district since 2004.
To see events and a directory of businesses on SSA #43 visit, Ondevon.org.
- Advertising and Promotion: We promote the business community through our website, www.ondevon.org, social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and special events such as Devon’s Got Talent.
- Business Improvement Program (BIP): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the SSA by providing financial and technical assistance to owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $5,000 on improvements made to their façade. Download the application here.
- Comercio en Línea y Mercadotecnia Digital – Programa de Rembolso: Fue creado como respuesta de emergencia al COVID-19 para aisistir a los negocios locales que inviertan en mercadotecnia digital y en estrategias en redes sociales. Aplicaciones estan cerradas..
- E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Rebate Program: Was developed in response to the COVID-19 emergency, with a goal of supporting local businesses expenditures for digital marketing and social media strategies. Applications are closed.
- Health and Sanitation Rebate Program: Was developed in response to the COVID-19 emergency, with a goal of supporting local businesses facing increased costs for sanitation supplies and takeout packaging by providing a rebate. Applications are closed.
- Public Art: The SSA funds public art projects in the SSA, which enhance the sense of place and contribute to the unique character of the SSA. Do you have a building or site you think would be a great candidate for public art? Contact email@example.com or call 773-372-0391.
- Public Way Aesthetics: We mulch, weed and plant seasonal plantings. In addition, offer sidewalk snow removal, litter pickup, graffiti removal and we install holiday decorations, maintain On Devon street pole banners and purchase streetscape elements, as needed.
- Public Way Security Camera Program: We will soon launch a program to hire a vendor and pay 100% of the cost to install exterior cameras on storefronts. This program replaces the Security Camera Rebate Program and provides an easier and more affordable way to have additional security in the public way. For more information on how to get cameras for your storefront, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 773-372-0391.
- Salud e Higiene – Programa de Rembolso: Fue creado como respuesta de emergencia al COVID-19 para aisistir a los negocios locales que enfrentan crecientes costos por material sanitario y paquetería por la nueva forma de venta de comida. Aplicaciones estan cerradas.
- Sign Removal Program: The Devon SSA 43 hires a vendor and pays 100% of the cost to remove exterior building signage and hardware to help local property owners and businesses improve the appearance of their storefronts and the commercial district. Download the application here.
- Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the Tax Increment Financing District by providing financial advice and technical assistance to the owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $150,000 on improvements made to their building/business. For more information on available funds and the application process, contact SomerCor, 4054, Inc. at email@example.com.
- Special Events: We organize events to attract visitors and promote local businesses such as Devon’s Got Talent.
2016-2017 SSA #43 Audit
2017-2018 SSA #43 Audit
2017 SSA #43 Service Provider Agreement
Business Improvement Program Application
Comercio en Línea y Mercadotecnia Digital – Programa de Rembolso
E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Rebate Program
Health & Sanitation Rebate Program
Salud e Higiene – Programa de Rembolso
2019 Commissioner Application
2019 Sign Removal Program Application
For information on SSA #43 from 2016 and prior years, please contact the City by email, fax or in person:
Angelica Lis, DPD FOIA Officer
121 N. LaSalle Room 1000, Chicago, IL 60602
Email: DPDFOIA@cityofchicago | Fax: 312.744.2271
2021 Commissioner Meetings
SSA #43 Commissioners meet monthly to discuss initiatives, review programs and budgets for SSA #43. These meetings are open to the public. Only the Mayor appointed and vetted Commissioners may make motions and vote.
Due to Covid-19, all meetings are held virtually every third Monday of the month at 2:30 p.m. (except on holidays). Meetings will be recorded. If you do not want to be recorded you can enter the Zoom meetings without enabling the video.
- Dates: 1/18 (MLK), 2/16, 3/15, 4/19, 5/17, 6/21, 7/19, 8/16, 9/20, 10/18, 11/15
- Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87341468102 | Dial-in: 312-626-6799 | Meeting ID: 87341468102
• Due to the Martin Luther King observance, the Jan 18th meeting is rescheduled to Jan 25.
Meeting locations, dates and times are subject to change, please check back one week prior to the meeting to verify the information.
For more information contact Rogers Park Business Alliance, 773-508-5885.
January 25 (virtual meeting)
April 3 (virtual meeting)
April 20 (virtual meeting)
May 18 (virtual meeting)
June 3 (special virtual meeting)
June 15 (virtual meeting)
July 20 (virtual meeting)
July 24 (virtual meeting)
August 17 (virtual meeting)
September 21 (virtual meeting)
October 1 (special virtual meeting)
October 19 (virtual meeting)
October 26 (virtual meeting)
November 16 (virtual meeting)