Devon Avenue Special Service Area #43
Devon Avenue Special Service Area (SSA) #43 includes Devon Avenue from Damen Avenue to Kedzie Avenue, Western Avenue from Arthur Avenue to Granville Avenue. The SSA has provided programs and services in the commercial district since 2004.
To see events and a directory of businesses on SSA #43 visit, Ondevon.org.
- Advertising and Promotion: We promote the business community through our website, www.ondevon.org, social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and special events such as Devon’s Got Talent.
- Business Improvement Program (BIP): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the SSA by providing financial and technical assistance to owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $5,000 on improvements made to their façade. Download application here.
- Public Art: The SSA funds public art projects in the SSA, which enhance the sense of place and contribute to the unique character of the SSA. Do you have a building or site you think would be a great candidate for public art? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-372-0391.
- Public Way Aesthetics: We mulch, weed and plant seasonal plantings. In addition, offer sidewalk snow removal, litter pickup, graffiti removal and we install holiday decorations, maintain On Devon street pole banners and purchase streetscape elements, as needed.
- Public Way Security Camera Program: We will soon launch a program to hire a vendor and pay 100% of the cost to install exterior cameras on storefronts. This program replaces the Security Camera Rebate Program and provides an easier and more affordable way to have additional security in the public way. For more information on how to get cameras for your storefront, contact email@example.com, 773-372-0391.
- Sign Removal Program: The Devon SSA 43 hires a vendor and pays 100% of the cost to remove exterior building signage and hardware to help local property owners and businesses improve the appearance of their storefronts and the commercial district. Download the application here.
- Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the Tax Increment Financing District by providing financial advice and technical assistance to the owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $150,000 on improvements made to their building/business. For more information on available funds and the application process, contact SomerCor, 4054, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Events: We organize events to attract visitors and promote local businesses such as Devon’s Got Talent.
For information on SSA #43 from 2016 and prior years, please contact the City by email, fax or in person:
Angelica Lis, DPD FOIA Officer
121 N. LaSalle Room 1000, Chicago, IL 60602
Email: DPDFOIA@cityofchicago | Fax: 312.744.2271
Meetings are held every third Monday of the month at 2:30 p.m. and take place at Alderman Silverstein’s office, 2949 W. Devon Ave. Except for the January, February and May dates, meetings will be held on Jan, 14th, Feb, 11th and May 13th same time and location.
- January meeting will be held on the 14th
- February meeting will be held on the 11th
- May meeting will be held on the 13th
* Meeting locations, dates and times are subject to change, please check back one week prior to the meeting to verify the information.