Devon Avenue Special Service Area #43
Devon Avenue Special Service Area (SSA) #43 includes Devon Avenue from Damen Avenue to Kedzie Avenue, Western Avenue from Arthur Avenue to Granville Avenue. The SSA has provided programs and services in the commercial district since 2004.
To see events and a directory of businesses on SSA #43 visit, Ondevon.org.
- Advertising and Promotion: We promote the business community through our website, www.ondevon.org, social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and special events such as Devon’s Got Talent.
- Business Improvement Program (BIP): We promote and revitalize commercial buildings within the SSA by providing financial and technical assistance to owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate of up to $5,000 on improvements made to their façade. Download the application here.
- Criminal Damage Repair Program: We provide assistance to businesses making emergency storefront repairs in response to criminal damage
or vandalism by offering a rebate of 50% of repair expenses not covered by insurance, up to a maximum of $2,000. Download the application here.
- Event Sponsorship: We provide grants to support unique and high-quality community programs and events that will draw visitors. Grants are up to 20% of the total budget for the event or program, not to exceed $8,000. Download the application here.
- Marketing: We market the business districts within SSA #43 by organizing and providing funding to events and public art programs such as Tuk Tuks on Devon and outdoor movie showings.
- Public Art: The SSA funds public art projects in the SSA, which enhance the sense of place and contribute to the unique character of the SSA. Do you have a building or site you think would be a great candidate for public art? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-508-5885.
- Public Way Aesthetics: We mulch, weed and plant seasonal plantings. In addition, offer sidewalk snow removal, litter pickup and graffiti removal and we install holiday decorations, maintain On Devon street pole banners and purchase streetscape elements, as needed.
- Public Way Security Camera Program: We will soon launch a program to hire a vendor and pay 100% of the cost to install exterior cameras on storefronts. This program replaces the Security Camera Rebate Program and provides an easier and more affordable way to have additional security in the public way. For more information on how to get cameras for your storefront, contact email@example.com, 773-508-5885.
- Sign Removal Program: The Devon SSA 43 hires a vendor and pays 100% of the cost to remove exterior building signage and hardware to help local property owners and businesses improve the appearance of their storefronts and the commercial district. Download the application here.
- Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the Tax Increment Financing District by providing financial advice and technical assistance to the owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate of up to $150,000 on improvements made to their building/business. For more information on available funds and the application process, contact SomerCor, 4054, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Events: We organize events to attract visitors and promote local businesses such as Devon’s Got Talent.
2016-2017 SSA #43 Audit
2017-2018 SSA #43 Audit
2018-2019 SSA #43 Audit
2020-2021 SSA #43 Audit
2022 SSA #43 Service Provider Agreement
Business Improvement Program Application
Sign Removal Program Application
Criminal Damage Repair Program
For information on SSA #43 from 2016 and prior years, please contact the City by email, fax or in person:
Angelica Lis, DPD FOIA Officer
121 N. LaSalle Room 1000, Chicago, IL 60602
Email: DPDFOIA@cityofchicago | Fax: 312.744.2271
2023 Commissioner Meetings
SSA #43 Commissioners meet monthly to discuss initiatives and review programs and budgets for SSA #43. These meetings are open to the public. Only the Mayor appointed and vetted Commissioners may make motions and vote.
Starting in June all meetings will be held in person every third Monday of the month until Nov at 2:30 p.m. at Wheels of Chicago, 6229 N. Western Ave. except on holidays or unless otherwise posted. A special Annual Meeting will be held on Dec 14 at 9 a.m. location TBD.
- Due to the Martin Luther King observance, the Jan 16th meeting is rescheduled for Jan 23rd.
- Due to the President’s Day observance, the Feb 20th meeting is rescheduled for Feb, 27th.
- Due to the Juneteenth Day observance, the Jun 19th meeting is rescheduled for Jun, 12th.
- Due to budget discussions the July 17th meeting is rescheduled for July 10th.
- Due to not meeting quorum the Sep, 18th meeting is canceled. The next meeting is Oct 16th.
*Meeting locations, dates and times are subject to change, please check back one week prior to the meeting to verify the information.
For more information contact Rogers Park Business Alliance at 773-508-5885.
January 24 (virtual meeting)
February 28 (virtual meeting)
March 21 (virtual meeting)
April 18 (virtual meeting)
April 25 (virtual meeting)
May 16 (virtual meeting)
September 19 (virtual meeting)
October 17 (virtual meeting)
November 21 (virtual meeting)
January 25 (virtual meeting)
February 22 (virtual meeting)
March 15 (virtual meeting)
April 19 (virtual meeting)
May 24 (virtual meeting)
June 28 (virtual meeting)
July 19 (virtual meeting)
August 16 (virtual meeting)
September 13 (virtual meeting)
October 18 (virtual meeting)
November 15 (virtual meeting)
April 3 (virtual meeting)
April 20 (virtual meeting)
May 18 (virtual meeting)
June 3 (special virtual meeting)
June 15 (virtual meeting)
July 20 (virtual meeting)
July 24 (virtual meeting)
August 17 (virtual meeting)
September 21 (virtual meeting)
October 1 (special virtual meeting)
October 19 (virtual meeting)
October 26 (virtual meeting)
November 16 (virtual meeting)
January 24 PDF | Video
February 28 PDF | Video
March 21 PDF | Video
April 18 (no quorum)
April 25 PDF | Video
May 16 (no quorum)
June 13 PDF | Video
July 11 PDF | Video
August 18 PDF | Video
November 21 PDF | Video
January 25 PDF | Video
February 22 (no quorum)
March 15 PDF | Video
April 19 PDF | Video
May 24 PDF | Video
June 28 PDF | Video
July 19 PDF | Video
August 16 (no quorum)
September 13 PDF | Video
November 15 PDF | Video