Devon Avenue Special Service Area #43
Devon Avenue Special Service Area (SSA) #43 includes Devon Avenue from Damen Avenue to Kedzie Avenue, Western Avenue from Arthur Avenue to Granville Avenue. The SSA has provided programs and services in the commercial district since 2004.
- Advertising and Promotion
- Business Improvement Program (BIP): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the SSA by providing financial and technical assistance to owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $5,000 on improvements made to their façade. Download application here.
- Public Way Aesthetics: We mulch, weed and plant seasonal plantings. In addition, offer sidewalk snow removal, litter pickup, graffiti removal and we install holiday decorations, maintain street pole banners and purchase streetscape elements, as needed.
- Sign Removal Program: The Devon SSA 43 pays 100% of the cost to remove exterior building signage to help local businesses improve the appearance of their storefronts and the commercial district. Download form here.
- Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the Tax Increment Financing District by providing financial advice and technical assistance to the owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $150,000 on improvements made to their building/business.
- Special events
Antonio Binns, DPD FOIA Officer
121 N. LaSalle Room 1000, Chicago, IL 60602
Email: DPDFOIA@cityofchicago | Fax: 312.744.2271
Irshad Khan (Chair) – Property owner
Maura Levit (Secretary) – Business owner; Wheels of Chicago
Mohammad N. Yaqoob – Business owner; Usmania Fine Dining
Pete Valavanis (Vice Chair) – Business owner; Cary’s Lounge
Sanhita Agnihotri – Property and Business owner; Tax Consulting Inc.
Tareq A. Khan – Property owner
Meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month, alternating between 4 p.m. (odd months) and 6 p.m. (even months) at 50th Ward service office at 2949 W. Devon Ave.
* Meeting locations, dates and times are subject to change, please check back one week prior to the meeting to verify information.
*** The September meeting is rescheduled for Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 4 p.m. at the 50th Ward service office.