Sheridan Road Special Service Area #54
Sheridan Road Special Service Area (SSA) #54 includes Sheridan Road from Devon Avenue to Farwell Avenue. The SSA has provided programs and services in the commercial district since 2012.
- Advertising and Promotion: We develop promotions, campaigns and business retention and attraction materials.
- Business Improvement Program (BIP): We promote and revitalize commercial buildings within the SSA by providing financial and technical assistance to owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate of up to $5,000 on improvements made to their façade. Download the application here.
- Criminal Damage Repair Program: We provide assistance to businesses making emergency storefront repairs in response to criminal damage
or vandalism by offering a rebate of 50% of repair expenses not covered by insurance, up to a maximum of $2,000. Download the application here.
- Landscape Rebate Program: We promote the beautification of the SSA by providing up to 50% of the associated costs with a maximum rebate not to exceed $500 for any landscaping planted outside the business within the Sheridan Road SSA #54 boundaries. Applications will be considered in the order in which they are received until all funding is disbursed for the fiscal year. Download the application here.
- Marketing: We market the business districts within SSA #54 by organizing and providing funding to events and public art programs such as Summer on the Plaza and Rogers Park Music & Arts Festival.
- Outreach: We visit businesses within the SSA to provide technical assistance and ensure that business owners are aware of all the programs, services and resources available to them.
- Public Way Aesthetics: We install holiday lighting, maintain street pole banners and purchase streetscape elements, as needed.
- Public Way Maintenance: We regularly conduct field checks of the public way.
- Salud e Higiene – Programa de Rembolso: Fue creado como respuesta de emergencia al COVID-19 para aisistir a los negocios locales que enfrentan crecientes costos por material sanitario y paquetería por la nueva forma de venta de comida. Puede leer la guía y aplicar aquí.
- Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the Tax Increment Financing District by providing financial advice and technical assistance to the owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate of up to $150,000 on improvements made to their building/business.
- Tenant Retention/Attraction: We hold business attraction workshops and give presentations to recruit new businesses to the commercial corridors and support current businesses. We also provide technical assistance to businesses and property owners including on-site visits.
2015 SSA #54 Audit
2016-2017 SSA #54 Audit
2017-2018 SSA #54 Audit
2018-2019 SSA #54 Audit
2020-2021 SSA #54 Audit
2022 SSA #54 Service Provider Agreement
Business Improvement Program Application
Landscaping Rebate Application
Criminal Damage Repair Program
There are currently 5 vacant seats. Commissioners must live and own property or a business within the boundaries of Sheridan Road SSA #54. To see a map of the boundaries click here. To apply to be a Commissioner click here. For questions contact, email@example.com.
2024 Commissioner Meetings
SSA #54 Commissioners meet monthly to discuss initiatives and review programs and budgets for SSA #54. These meetings are open to the public. Only the Mayor appointed and vetted Commissioners may make motions and vote.
All meetings are held in person on the second Tuesday of every other month starting Jan 9, location TBD. A special Annual Meeting will be held on Dec 12 at 9 a.m. location TBD.
*Meeting locations, dates and times are subject to change, please check back one week before the meeting to verify the information.
For more information contact Rogers Park Business Alliance at 773-508-5885.
March 19 (virtual meeting)
April 16 (combination Commissioners and Advisory virtual meeting)
April 30 (combination Commissioners and Advisory virtual meeting)
May 21 (virtual meeting)
July 16 (virtual meeting)
August 20 (virtual meeting)
September 17 (virtual meeting)
December 3 (virtual community meeting)