Sheridan Road Special Service Area #54
Sheridan Road Special Service Area (SSA) #54 includes Sheridan Road from Devon Avenue to Farwell Avenue. The SSA has provided programs and services in the commercial district since 2012.
- Advertising and Promotion: We develop promotions, campaigns and business retention and attraction materials.
- Business Improvement Program (BIP): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the SSA by providing financial and technical assistance to owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $5,000 on improvements made to their façade. Download application here.
- Marketing: We market the business districts within the SSA #54 by organizing and providing funding to events and public art programs such as Summer on the Plaza and Polar Palooza.
- Outreach: We visit businesses within the SSA to provide technical assistance and ensure that business owners are aware of all the programs, services and resources available to them.
- Public Way Aesthetics: We install holiday lighting, maintain street pole banners and purchase streetscape elements, as needed.
- Public Way Maintenance: We regularly conduct field checks of the public way.
- Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the Tax Increment Financing District by providing financial advice and technical assistance to the owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $150,000 on improvements made to their building/business.
- Tenant Retention/Attraction: We hold business attraction workshops and give presentations to recruit new businesses to the commercial corridors and support current businesses. We also provide technical assistance to businesses and property owners including on-site visits.
Chris Bell (Secretary) – Business owner; Flatts & Sharpe Music Co.
Heather Hill (Vice Chair) – Resident
Jennifer Clark – AVP of Campus and Community Planning; Loyola University
Sean Connolly (Chair) – Assistant Director; Loyola Limited
Tony Fox (Treasurer) – Property & business owner; The 400 Theater
Meetings are held every second Thursday of odd months (January, March, May, July, September, November) at Royal Coffee, 6764 N. Sheridan Rd. at 8 a.m.
* Meeting locations, dates and times are subject to change, please check back one week prior to the meeting to verify information.