Sheridan Road Special Service Area #54
Sheridan Road Special Service Area (SSA) #54 includes Sheridan Road from Devon Avenue to Farwell Avenue. The SSA has provided programs and services in the commercial district since 2012.
- Advertising and Promotion: We develop promotions, campaigns and business retention and attraction materials.
- Business Improvement Program (BIP): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the SSA by providing financial and technical assistance to owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $5,000 on improvements made to their façade. Download the application here.
- Comercio en Línea y Mercadotecnia Digital – Programa de Rembolso: Fue creado como respuesta de emergencia al COVID-19 para aisistir a los negocios locales que inviertan en mercadotecnia digital y en estrategias en redes sociales. Puede leer la guía y aplicar aquí.
- E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Rebate Program: Was developed in response to the COVID-19 emergency, with a goal of supporting local businesses expenditures for digital marketing and social media strategies. Download guidelines and application here.
- Health and Sanitation Rebate Program: Was developed in response to the COVID-19 emergency, with a goal of supporting local businesses facing increased costs for sanitation supplies and takeout packaging by providing a rebate. Download guidelines and application here.
- Landscape Rebate Program: We promote beautification of the SSA by providing up to 50% of the associated costs with a maximum rebate not to exceed $500 for any landscaping planted outside the business within the Sheridan Road SSA #54 boundaries. Applications will be considered in the order in which they are received until all funding is disbursed for the fiscal year. Download the application here.
- Marketing: We market the business districts within the SSA #54 by organizing and providing funding to events and public art programs such as Summer on the Plaza and Polar Palooza.
- Outreach: We visit businesses within the SSA to provide technical assistance and ensure that business owners are aware of all the programs, services and resources available to them.
- Public Way Aesthetics: We install holiday lighting, maintain street pole banners and purchase streetscape elements, as needed.
- Public Way Maintenance: We regularly conduct field checks of the public way.
- Salud e Higiene – Programa de Rembolso: Fue creado como respuesta de emergencia al COVID-19 para aisistir a los negocios locales que enfrentan crecientes costos por material sanitario y paquetería por la nueva forma de venta de comida. Puede leer la guía y aplicar aquí.
- Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF): We promote and revitalize the commercial buildings within the Tax Increment Financing District by providing financial advice and technical assistance to the owners and tenants who wish to improve their storefronts. Through this program, owners and tenants are eligible for a 50% rebate up to $150,000 on improvements made to their building/business.
- Tenant Retention/Attraction: We hold business attraction workshops and give presentations to recruit new businesses to the commercial corridors and support current businesses. We also provide technical assistance to businesses and property owners including on-site visits.
2015 SSA #54 Audit
2016-2017 SSA #54 Audit
2017-2018 SSA #54 Audit
Business Improvement Program Application
Comercio en Línea y Mercadotecnia Digital – Programa de Rembolso
E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Rebate Program
Health & Sanitation Rebate Program
Landscaping Rebate Application
Salud e Higiene – Programa de Rembolso
2019 Commissioner Application
Heather Hill (Chair) – Resident
Chris Bell (Secretary) – Business owner; Flatts & Sharpe Music Co.
Tony Fox (Treasurer) – Property & business owner; The 400 Theater
Jennifer Clark – AVP of Campus and Community Planning; Loyola University
Sara Blackstone Lukens – Business owner; ChiTown Magpie
Meetings are held 3rd Thursdays of every other month starting in January at Lakeshore Partners at Loyola, 6443 N. Sheridan Rd. at 8:30 a.m.
Jan 16 – March 19 – May 21 – July 16 – Sept 17 – Nov 19
- MARCH 19 meeting updates: The in-person meeting is canceled. The Commission instead will hold a virtual meeting at 8:30 a.m. Google Hangouts Meet: meet.google.com/hdx-gtvi-wom | Call-in: +1 541-649-2449 (PIN: 681 818 488#)
- APRIL 16 – Virtual Meeting: This meeting will be a combination of the Commissioners and Advisory meetings at 8:30 a.m. Google Hangout Meet: https://meet.google.com/
aaw-utxj-btb| Call-in: +1 609-779-1608 (PIN: 756 211 429#)
- APRIL 30 – Virtual Meeting: This meeting will be a combination of the Commissioners and Advisory meetings at 8:30 a.m. Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89990384002 | Dial-in: +1 312 626 6799 (Meeting ID: 899 9038 4002)
- MAY 21 – Virtual Meeting: The Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m.
Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82120185168 | Dial-in: +1 312 626 6799 (Meeting ID: 821 2018 5168)
* Meeting locations, dates and times are subject to change, please check back one week prior to the meeting to verify the information.
Information on Advisory Meetings for the renewal process here.
March 19 (virtual meeting)
April 16 (combination Commissioners and Advisory virtual meeting)
April 30 (combination Commissioners and Advisory virtual meeting)
May 21 (virtual meeting)